Occupational First Aid Course Dublin
Occupational First Aid Course deals with the types of injuries that would be likely to occur at your workplace. Courses are designed to train employees in the correct response to any workplace emergency. Our Occupational First Aid Certificates comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work and certification is valid for 2 years.
This is a FETAC level 5 course. The Occupational First Aid Regulations Safety, Health and Welfare at Work General Applications Regulations S.I. No. 299 of 2007. Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007, there is a requirement on employers based on a risk assessment to have a sufficient number of Occupational First Aiders trained and deployed in the workplace.
This three day course covers a comprehensive range of topics to prepare the qualified Occupational First Aider to administer emergency care in the workplace. Participants will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge, so that they can deal competently with any situation that may arise in the working environment.
Course is delivered by extremely experienced instructor Shane Rispin from Medic Response.
Occupational First Aid Course Objective:
- To increase the awareness of possible accidents
- To identify an accident that requires first aid treatment
- To apply first aid techniques
- To optimize performance and health in the workplace
Learners who successfully complete the course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of an Occupational First Aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimizing the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
Pre-Course Requirements: None
Course Assessment / Certification : If successful, attendees will receive a FETAC Occupational First Aid Certificate.
Course Duration: 3 Days
Participation: Maximum of 8