SOLAS SAFE PASS
What is Safe Pass?
Safe Pass is a one-day safety awareness programme aimed at general construction workers, craft workers and ‘onsite’ security personnel in the construction industry.
The course is designed to provide participants with a greater understanding of the hazards associated with working on construction sites and how accidents can be avoided.
Duration: 1 Day.
Participation: Maximum of 20, not less than 8.
Training Course Locations: Dublin, Cork, Cavan, Ennis , Galway, Claregalway, Claremorris, etc. The course can also be conducted on an in-company basis at clients premises or other venue.
Card duration/ Refresher: This course must be refreshed every 4 years.
Certification: Solas Safe PASS card
Construction Safety Course Languages: public courses in English. Foreign languages available :Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, German and Romanian
Construction Safety courses from 85 euro
- Wednesday and Saturday in Cassidys Hotel, Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1 – price 99 euro
- Tuesday and Friday in Parkmore Industrial Estate, Long Mile Road, Dublin 12- Special price 90 euro including lunch
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday in Dublin 15 (Parslickstown House, Ladyswell Road, Mulhuddart) – price 105 euro
- every Saturday in Red Cow Hotel, Naas Road, Dublin 22 – price 99 euro
- Polish safe pass – every Saturday in Red Cow Hotel- Price 125 euro incl. lunch
- CAVAN- Thursday and/or Saturday – 100 euro
- ENNIS – every second Thursday – 100 euro
- CORK – every Saturday – 85 euro
- CLAREMORRIS – every Saturday – 99 euro
- CLAREGALWAY- every Friday- 99 euro
- other locations available
Safe Pass is a general duty on employers under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act (2005) for the provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety and health at work of their employees. Under the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (2006) construction regulations, Construction Safety card / safety awareness programmes applies to:
- (a) craft and general construction workers,
- (b) persons undertaking on-site security work, and
- (c) persons or classes of persons as may be prescribed by the Minister.
This course is for all construction site and local authority workers (including apprentices and trainees) to ensure that they have a fundamental knowledge of health and safety. The Health and Safety Authority in conjunction with the Construction Advisory Committee have produced a summary of the categories of persons to whom construction safety card does and does not apply.
Training Course Requirements / Attendee Requirements:
- PPS number
- One passport sized photo
- Participant must be over 16,
- Participants must have a good working knowledge of the English language.
All participants of Construction training course must arrive at 8.00 am sharp. Delegates who arrive late will not be permitted to complete the course.
What is Construction Safety Training?:
This is a one-day safety awareness programme aimed at all who work on Construction sites. The aims of the programme are to:
- raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry
- ensure that all site personnel after completing the one day awareness programme can make a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and ill health while working on the site
- maintain a register of personnel who have received training
- provide participants with a registration card, indicating that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness
Additional Information for candidates without an Irish PPS number:
Non Irish Nationals, working on a main contract in the Republic of Ireland and employed by a subcontracting company, must provide additional documentation in order to apply for a the course.
The documentation must contain:
- Letter from their employer confirming the following:
- Employment status of the candidate(s) and details of the work being carried out
- Name, address and email address of their employer
- Name, address and email address of the main contractor and the site location they are working on
- The candidate’s National Security Number(s)
- Identification of the candidate(s) requiring Safe Pass i.e. copy of Passport or Drivers Licence
Those details MUST be submitted prior the course.
For more info contact us: 0870930808, 01 442 9118